Along with Potholes, we’re super psyched to be presenting the Bundle Up EP + Scattered Flurries EP from Hamilton ON’s Canadian Winter. Emcee Kobi told us in an interview that this collection of singles (Bundle Up) and remixes (Scattered Flurries) can be thought of as a “trailer” to their full length debut LP Just Wait Till February set for release on February 1st. Both Bundle UP and JWTF are concept albums that creatively chronicle Kobi’s first experiences in Canada since he moved here two years ago from Woking, Surry. The full album will be available for purchase through Dr. Disc and Laced in Hamilton, BandCamp, and good old fashioned contact through their twitter.
In all, the EP The Come Up Show presents today is a nice collection of Hamilton born tunes that feature some highly original sample/live oriented production and detail oriented narrative lyricism. Gather around, Canadian Winter’s gotta story to tell.
Stream “Plaid Shirts” ft. Queen Cee below, and hit the skip to see Jeremy Kemeny‘s artwork, view the tracklisting, and download.
1. You know What You Are- prod. Scotty P
2. Back To The Bricks – Prod. J. Fevrier XIV
3. Room 100 – prod. Supa83
4. City Lights – prod. Cheese Shop Paddy
5. Getting It Right ft. Fenek Fox- Prod. Supa83
6. Plaid Shirts ft. Queen Cee – prod. J. Fevrier XIV
7. Back To The Bricks (Fyhlox Remix)
8. Thunder vs. Lightning (Canadian Winter & Hotep – “DEX” remix)
9. River Styx – Lee Reed ft. Sara Green (Canadian Winter Remix)