I was invited to this event on facebook thanks to Brenden from Smash Mouth Entertainment. The Come Up Show always supports events that give back to the community and when you involve Hip-Hop it’s a beautiful thing. Make sure to read what Unity @ Western is about right below the event information.
What: UNITY @ Western Presents: The Elements. Performances from the 5 elements of hip hop. It will be a night of Breakdance battles, Beatboxing, Emcee-ing, DJ-ing and everything else Hip-Hop!
– DJ James Redi from TEAM FLOW DJ for the Flow 93.5 in Toronto.
– Popper and Urban Dance artist ‘TK’ ; as seen on So You Think You Can Dance Canada.
– UK Veteran Beatboxer YasSon.
– Graffiti artist Brendan Metcalfe.
– Local UWO Emcee John Kerr.
– UNITY founder and international B-Boy competitor Mike Prosserman.
– UWO Breakers Promo Team.
– Toronto Emcee Rohain Arora.
– UWO Student and beatboxer James Vinnai.
– UWO Student and Emcee Cristil Flow.
When: Thursday February 3, 2011. 8pm-2am.
Where: Ceeps on 671 Richmond Street in London, Ontario.
Tickets: $5 minimum donation for tickets in advance. 10 at the door.
Contact for tickets:
Keane Tan (519-639-6218).
Dan Turcotte (226-678-0831).
Kris Medhurst (226-919-4480).
Joshua Chin (519-902-3072).
UNITY (Urban Non-Violent Initiatives Through Youth) is an Arts Based Alternative Education Organization for Youth. Based out of Toronto, our mission is simple:
To ENGAGE youth to youth dialogue with professional artist educators using relevant art forms, including breakdancing, spoken word, urban art, turntablism and beatbox.
To DEVELOP respect, skills for success, artistic skills for youth to express their stress, and a safe environment for youth to share personal experiences both positive and negative.
To EMPOWER youth to become positive community role models.
We encourage youth to use artistic self-expression to make positive life choices leading to more productive citizens, safer schools and healthier communities. To see more, check out www.unitycharity.com.